CTMC is a pioneering biotech joint venture, formed by National Resilience and MD Anderson Cancer Center, and located in the renowned Texas Medical Center. Our mission is to accelerate cell therapies from bench to bedside. We offer a wide range of cell therapy modalities, including CAR-T, TIL, ETC, and TCR-T. Our expert team collaborates closely with MD Anderson’s research and clinical faculty, bringing impactful cell therapies to cancer patients.
In our first year alone, we have filed four INDs, each ahead of schedule, demonstrating our commitment to delivering innovative treatments to patients with speed and precision. Our alliance with National Resilience, an ambitious biomanufacturing organization that has raised $2 billion in two years, enables us to remain at the forefront of biomanufacturing practices, leveraging advanced technology and processes to deliver exceptional results.
Our state-of-the-art, 60,000 sq. ft. facility in the Texas Medical Center is staffed by an integrated team of over 80 industry veterans and scientists who are passionate about bringing life-saving cures to patients. Our unique joint venture structure, with two highly established partners, provides us with the financial stability and long-term horizon to achieve our mission.
At CTMC, we value our employees and offer a variety of development opportunities within our organization. We foster a team-first culture and a balanced work-life environment to ensure our staff is energized and engaged in our mission. If you share our passion for advancing the frontiers of medical science with innovative therapeutics and want to join a highly dedicated team committed to delivering novel cures to patients, we invite you to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring how your skills and expertise can help us achieve our mission.
- Perform cleaning, kitting, documentation, processing, and materials procurement for the manufacturing department.
- Maintain aseptic technique during processing to ensure quality and integrity of cellular drug products.
- Assist with training staff on proper operations and documentation in cGMP cleanroom facilities.
- Operate standard cleanroom equipment: Incubators, BSCs, and Centrifuges.
- Operate the following Cell Therapy equipment: CliniMacs Prodigies, G-Rexes, Incubators, Cell Stacks, Cobes, or Lovos.
- Provide input to develop SOP’s for new and incoming equipment.
- Provide input and assistance in executing training for cleanroom personnel cGMP, best practices and awareness training related to working in a cleanroom environment.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement, collaborative spirit, and dedication to safe workplace practices.
- Execute master batch production records in a timely manner and maintain accurate documentation with FDA’s Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Request and prepare materials for manufacturing operations while maintaining proper inventory levels in the cleanroom at all times.
- Assist support for routine maintenance activities.
- Ensure transparent communication with staff, teams, support functions, and site leadership team.
- Meet and report key performance indicators in alignment with Cell Therapy Manufacturing and CTMC goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific field, or equivalent education and experience.
- 1+ yr.’s experience with standard cleanroom equipment: Incubators, BSCs, and Centrifuges required, 2+ yr.’s preferred.
- 1+ yr.’s experience in a related manufacturing environment (cell therapy or biotech) required, 2+ yr.’s preferred.
- Previous experience with the following Cell Therapy equipment: CliniMacs Prodigies, G-Rexes, Waves/Xuris, Cell Stacks, Cobes, or Lovos preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
- Previous GMP Experience preferred.
- Previous experience performing accurate calculations and lab measurements preferred.
- Able to understand and follow personnel flows, cleaning procedures, gowning requirements and other procedures defining requirements necessary to ensure cGMP compliant operations of cleanroom facilities.
- Meticulous attention to detail in terms of documentation, following procedure SOPs, and performing functions as it pertains to the Batch Record.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays with short advance notice.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands
The incumbent in this position works in an office and clean room environment. The incumbent in this position will use the following equipment and shall have the following physical demands:
- Manufacturing equipment
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, and reaching required.
- Frequent lifting up to 10 lbs. required.
- Occasional lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs. required.
- Frequent use of computer/keyboard required.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as considered necessary.